- Honours Bachelor of Science, Lakehead University, 1979
- Bachelor of Laws, McGill University, 1983
- Called to the Bar of Ontario, 1987
- Certified Management Accountant Level V
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants in Depth Tax Course
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Thunder Bay Law Association
- Past Director – Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce
- Past Director – The Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada
Mr. Johansen has wide and diversified experience in advising business on structure, financing and closing share and asset transactions.
Mr. Johansen has 30 years experience in contract law and financing including preparation, review and advice on contract relationships, private and public financing options, leases of various types, franchise, joint venture, revenue sharing agreements and investment relationships.
Mr. Johansen is also actively involved in commercial litigation in the construction industry including construction liens, breach of contract, construction defect complaints and dispute resolution mechanisms directed at settlement without the necessity of litigation. No stranger to a Court room, he regularly advances client claims to hearing at trial or arbitrations. Many lawyers will solicit your work. Few have the skill and ability to take your case to trial. Mr. Johansen has a long history of pressing claims to trial where necessary to protect a client’s position.
As part of his contract practise Mr. Johansen also provides employment and labour relations advice to management as well as representation before Boards of Arbitration and the Ontario and Canada Labour Relations Board. He has acted on behalf of employers involved in wrongful dismissal lawsuits as well as providing advice prior to litigation to employers involved in downsizing operations.